One Damned Funny Blog

Love, laughter and autism.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"Happy Birthday Dear Hitler, Happy Birthday to You" (4.20.06)

April 20th is my husband Dave's birthday.

One of the first things he told me--in those early dating days where one is comparing one's stats to that of the other, searching like hell for confirmation that they ARE meant to be together forever and ever and ever--was, "My birthday is April 20th. That's Hitler's birthday."

He thought it was hillarious. I was pretty surprised. Hitler's birthday? HITLER'S birthday? Who the hell shares Hitler's birthday? And...who laughs about it? Only my dear husband, that's who! But then again, he can afford to be generous about this. After all, they're nothing alike. You can tell by these pictures. Here is Adolph Hitler. By contrast, here is a recent picture of my husband Dave. He's the one on the far right.

And personality-wise...he is funny, sweet, brilliant, easygoing and loveable. (Dave...not Hitler.)

So...I got past the hurdle of being terrified of marrying someone who was born on the same day of the year as one of the most terrifying men in history. Just in time for Dave to let me know that 4-20 is also the code for a drug bust.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm............

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID! I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home