One Damned Funny Blog

Love, laughter and autism.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just in time for Hallowe'en

Hubby came up behind me while I was mixing and pouring Colin's many supplements and cackled, "Double, double, toil and trouble!"

(Actually, he said "bubble, bubble," but I couldn't bear to correct him and prove, for the hundredth time this morning alone, what an absolute and utter nerd I am. I learned that lesson the day I corrected his "out, out, damned spot".)

He was right about one thing. Hunching over my many oddly-shaped, oversized, sloshing buckets of god-knows-what, I did resemble nothing more than a witch. Not the earth-loving, tree-hugging, New Millennium Wiccan kind, but the good old-fashioned MacBeth kind.

In our search for "the cure," Colin no longer gets Just Apple Juice. Here's what he gets:

1/4 cup Pedialyte (to hold in minerals he is low on)
1 tsp. DMG
1 tsp. Mineral-Chi Tonic
two crushed Vitamin B-6 tablets
water

I think that's about it. Soon to come: Natural Calm with calcium, magnesium, zinc and something else. I don't remember what. Bat's wing, probably. Oh, and then we'll be starting his anti-fungal protocol.

Colin is good about taking all this...even the gritty stuff. What a good boy.

I laugh about it now...but hope springs in my heart every time I mix and slosh. And it will keep springing until who knows when. Until, I guess, it either works or doesn't.

4 Comments:

Blogger Random Mom said...

Thought you might find this post interesting.
http://www.kevinleitch.co.uk/wp/index.php?p=428

Be sure to watch the video clips, and check out the list of supplements that a child (JB Handley's son, the same JB Handley of Generation Rescue fame) takes daily. Sheesh.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Not HER Again said...

Holy freaking hannah!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Not HER Again said...

Thanks for the kind words, Lillian!

Yes, it's true. One hundred percent true. I DO feel sad sometimes that Colin has autism. Sad for him...not me. I'm a selfish person by nature, and if I let myself, I could just love him this way forever...until *I died*...and HE was all alone, unable to care for himself. Somehow...I just don't feel comfortable letting things happen that way.

CALL ME CRAZY.

But yeah. I try hard to stay out of the debates because everybody just gets hurt.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Not HER Again said...

Oh, and...is your baby a boy or a girl? Damn. I wish you had a blog for me to put these questions in...instead of talking to myself on this one.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home