One Damned Funny Blog

Love, laughter and autism.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sotos Syndrome

For posterity, I am recording that Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2006, was the first time I heard of Sotos Syndrome, a condition that includes a large cranium, overgrowth prenatally and for a few years following birth but culmination in average adult height, an elongated face with a pointy chin, widespread eyes, and autistic characteristics; secondarily, large hands and feet, low tonality (usually of the mouth/chewing but also low tone in general) and learning disabilities; and anecdotally, severe stomach/colic issues in infancy.

If this turns out to be "it," I'll be ecstatic and relieved to have finally figured out my little boy.

If it doesn't turn out to be "it"...well then, at least I won't be surprised. I've had the carrot dangled in front of my nose before.

Wish us luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Random Mom said...

Wishing you good luck on your quest for a diagnosis! I hope you find what you seek.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Not HER Again said...

Thanks, SBM. :)

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home