One Damned Funny Blog

Love, laughter and autism.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Oh, so you want FUNNY, do you?

I promised this blog would be funny. Okay, so I'm a fucking liar.

Welllllll...not entirely. I used to be funny. Go back to the July entries (which actually track back to earlier in the year) and you might choke on laughter rather than horror.

I'll get funny again one day...I promise. I'll lighten up on the autism thing. I'll remember that there are other things to talk about. (What? There are???) The sun also rises, doesn't it? (Whereas, reading the past month or so of my blog, you'd think the sun also gets set to hurl itself into the earth at a breakneck speed and annhilate anything that moves, breathes or shits.)

I renamed this blog in that spirit. After all, I've been using the tagline "One damned funny blog...I promise" since its inception.

Don't worry. I'll still worry, obsess, sob and go into therapy over Colin's autism. So you see, you're not losing a topic...you're gaining a whole new set of neuroses! And I don't know about you, but to me, that sounds like a whole lotta fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Random Mom said...

Believe it or no, a sense of humor got me through the first couple of post-autism-diagnosis years. If I couldn't laugh at myself, my kids, my family, and (gasp) autism-related quirks, I would have drowned in my own tears.
Now that Eli is 5, we see his own little sense of humor developing, and it is truly the most joyous thing. He laughs at appropriate times and stuff, he makes us laugh with him, and we no longer obsess about the "what ifs" that seemed to haunt us in the beginning.
It does get better. Remember, you only recently got hit with that truck--you'll feel better soon,I promise.
Now, make me laugh, dammit!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Not HER Again said...

OH MY GOD, I KNEW it was the unicorn wallpaper. (slapping forehead)

9:03 PM  
Blogger WriterGrrl said...

FYI, my son is 3, has Sotos, and I blog about it.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home